If you are looking for How to Increase Speed of a Laptop? then this blog will surely help you.
In the world of advancement and technology, we need super fast speed to finish the work on time. It doesn’t matter it is the internet or the laptop, we want everything fast. So, if you are facing frequent lags and stutters, then you need to increase the speed of your laptop.
There are numerous ways by which you can speed up your laptop. Increasing the speed of a laptop will help you in running all programs faster, improve the experience, and the most important thing is that it helps your computer to boot faster, thereby saving your time. Below are some of the best and most simple methods to increase the speed of a laptop.
How to Increase Speed of a Laptop?
- Uninstall Unused Programs
- Remove Programs from Startup Menu
- Close System Tray Programs
- Update Windows, Apps, & Drivers
- Remove Junk Files
- Remove Resource Hungry Programs
- Set Laptop to High Performance
- Run Disk Cleanup tool
- Upgrade Hardware
1. Uninstall Unused Programs
Uninstalling unused computer programs can be a great way to clear space on your hard drive and increase the speed of your PC. Here’s how to do it:
- Click on the Start menu and open Control Panel. Click on Programs and then Programs and Features.
- Select Uninstall a program.
- Select the program you want to uninstall from the list of installed programs.
- Click Uninstall.
You should remove all the programs that you don’t need or don’t use as these programs can grab a lot of space on the drive and may also run in the background, which will eventually slow down your computer. This is one of the best ways to increase the speed of a laptop.
2. Remove Programs from Startup Menu
- Right-click on Taskbar and select Task Manager from the list. Windows 11 users will have to right-click on the Windows start button, and then they can select the Taskbar from the list.
- From the tabs menu, click on Startup.
- Here you will see the list of programs that automatically starts running while you boot your laptop. These programs can slow down the startup speed of your laptop.
- To disable a program from Startup, select the program and right-click on it.
- Click on Disable.
3. Close System Tray Programs
Some programs that you install on your computer may appear in the system tray or notification area. The system tray is the small, rectangular area at the bottom of the screen, near where the time and date are displayed. To learn how to close programs from this area, follow these steps:
- Click on the triangle-shaped arrow on the right side of the Taskbar.
- Right-click on the name of the program that you want to close.
- Select “Exit” from the menu that appears.
4. Update Windows, Apps, & Drivers
Frequently updating your Windows, Drivers, and apps are important as the old version can cause lag and performance issues. Here are the ways to update your Windows, Apps, and Drivers:
If you want to update windows, follow these simple instructions:
Go to your start menu and click “Settings.” There, you should see an option labeled “Update & Security.” Click on that option.
On the left-hand side of the screen, you should see a list of options. Click the one that says “Windows Update.” If you have an update waiting for you, that option will tell you so.
To install the update, simply follow the instructions on your screen!
- Open Device Manager by pressing Windows Key + X, then select Device Manager from the menu.
- In the Device Manager window, locate and double-click the device category you want to update drivers for. For example, if you’re looking for an audio driver, expand Sound, video, and game controllers.
- Right-click on the driver name and select Update Driver
Update Softwares and Apps
In most cases, your PC will install important updates automatically. However, if you want to update the apps manually, use these steps:
- Open the software or app that you want to update.
- Go to the settings menu.
- Click on “Check for Updates.”
- Download and install the update.
- Restart the software or app.
5. Remove Junk Files
Junk files are useless temporary files that are stored on your PC’s drive. These can be caused by anything from installing a new app or program to simply browsing the internet. But they can take up a significant amount of disk space and slow down your computer’s performance.
Here’s how to delete junk files in Windows 10:
- Go to Start Menu -> Settings -> System -> Storage
- Click Free up space now under Storage Sense.
- Select the types of files you’d like to remove and click Remove files
6. Remove Resource Hungry Programs
Various programs eat up a lot of resources on your laptop, and they can significantly slow your laptop. So, you have to disable to remove the resource-hungry programs from the task manager to improve performance. Here is how:
- Right-click on the Taskbar and click on Task Manager.
- Click on More details and see which program is currently using resources.
- Right-click on the program that is eating more resources and clicks on End task.
7. Set Laptop to High Performance
Most laptops are set to Balanced Performance in Windows 7,8,10 or 11. To get the best out of your laptop, you have to set your laptop on high performance.
- Go to Control Panel >> Hardware and Sound >> Power Options.
- Select High Performance from here.
- In this plan, battery consumption will be high. But it will provide better performance.
8. Run Disk Cleanup tool
If your hard drive is feeling a little full and you want to delete some files, the Windows 10 clean-up tool is the best way to go. This trick will eventually increase the speed of the laptop. Have a look:
- Click on the Search box on your Taskbar, type “Disk Cleanup,” and press Enter.
- Wait while Windows scans your hard drive for files you can remove.
- Select the checkboxes for the files you want to remove.
- Click OK to start the cleanup process.
9. Upgrade Hardware
If you are still looking for a How to Increase the Speed a Laptop, then you need to upgrade your laptop hardware like RAM, SSD, etc. to get the best performance.
So, this was all about How to Increase the Speed of a Laptop? Hopefully, you will find it helpful.