What happens if you lose the USB receiver of your HP wireless Keyboard and Mouse? Would you be able to connect it? If yes, then how? In this article, we will find out How to Connect HP Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Without a Receiver?
HP is one of those brands which offers a wide range of wireless devices, including Keyboards and mice. HP offers affordable as well as high-end PC peripherals. HP’s most popular wireless devices are, of course, their wireless Keyboard and Mouse. People choose wireless keyboards and mice to reduce the wires and clutter on the table.
How to Connect HP Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Without a Receiver?
Find Out the Model of Your HP Wireless Keyboard and Mouse
The first thing you need to do before connecting your HP wireless keyboard and mouse is to find out if the specific model supports wireless connectivity or not. You can easily check this information in online forums.
Moreover, you can connect with HP support for additional help. On top of that, you can check the user manual that comes with the device to check for Bluetooth connectivity support.
If you have found out that your HP wireless keyboard and mouse support connectivity without USB, then you can use this guide to connect your keyboard and mouse to your PC.
How to Connect HP Wireless Keyboard and Mouse without a Receiver?
To get started, your HP keyboard and mouse must have Bluetooth connectivity support, as without Bluetooth and a USB receiver, you cannot connect a wireless keyboard and mouse to the computer.
Connect HP Keyboard or Mouse Via Bluetooth In Microsoft Windows
- To begin with, you need to have a battery on your HP keyboard and mouse. HP offers a wireless keyboard and mouse that requires either AA batteries or AAA batteries, depending upon the form factor of the device.
- If your HP keyboard and mouse don’t have a battery, you can install them by removing the back panel of the mouse and keyboard.
- Now, you have to turn on the Keyboard and Mouse so they can be ready to pair via Bluetooth to your PC or laptop.
- After turning on both devices, you need to start your computer or laptop.
- Next, go to Settings by clicking on the start button and then searching for settings. Moreover, you can press Ctrl + I button on the keyboard to open settings directly.
- While the process for Windows 7/ 8/ 10/ 11 is almost the same. The settings can be located at different places depending on the operating system your PC is running.
- Next, click on Devices, and the Bluetooth & other devices page will show up on the next screen.
- You will see that the Bluetooth is turned off, so toggle the button to turn it on.
- Then, click on Add Bluetooth or other devices, and a pop-up will appear on the screen. Click on Bluetooth from the list of options.
- As soon as you click on the Bluetooth button, the HP Wireless Keyboard and Mouse will appear in the list of available devices.
- Choose the device from the list, and you are done.
Tip: Sometimes, HP Wireless Keyboard and Mouse prompts you to install drivers from CD or the official website when you connect the device, so make sure to install the HP wireless Keyboard and mouse drive so that the mouse and keyboard can work properly without any lag and stutter.
- If you don’t have proper Bluetooth drivers on your PC or laptop, then the Bluetooth device won’t show up, so ensure you have downloaded and installed the updated drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
Connect HP Keyboard or Mouse Via Bluetooth In MacOS
- First of all, turn on the HP Keyboard or Mouse.
- Turn on your MacBook.
- You will see the Apple icon in the top left corner. Click on it.
- From the list of options, click on System Preferences.
- Next, from the next page, click on the Bluetooth option.
- Now, on the next page, you will see that the Bluetooth is turned off.
- Click on Turn Bluetooth On button, which will turn it on.
- Now, on the left side, you will see the list of available devices, so choose the HP Wireless Keyboard or Mouse from the list and click on Connect button.
- Your wireless HP keyboard and mouse will be connected to the mac without the USB receiver.
Frequently Asked Questions:
–Can you use a Bluetooth mouse with a USB receiver?
Yes, you can use your Bluetooth mouse without a USB receiver. You need to connect the mouse using a USB to your computer. That’s it.
–Can you replace HP Wireless Keyboard & Mouse Receiver with a new one?
No, it is not possible to replace the HP Wireless Keyboard & mouse receiver. The USB receiver is programmed to work with a specific device, so it won’t work with others.
–Bluetooth Mouse Vs. Wireless USB mouse, which is better?
A Bluetooth mouse is better as you don’t have to rely on the USB receiver to connect the mouse to your computer. However, it is quite expensive in comparison to a Wireless USB mouse.
–Is there any brand that offers reprogrammable USB receivers to connect wireless mice and keyboards?
Yes, there are a lot of brands that offer reprogrammable USB receivers to connect the wireless mouse and keyboard. Logitech is the brand that sells unifying receivers to those who have lost the USB receiver, and they can reprogram the unifying receiver to connect the wireless keyboard or mouse.
So hopefully, now you know, How to connect HP wireless keyboard and mouse without a receiver? Hopefully, you have got all the information you need regarding the topic. If you still have any queries, then do let us know.
There is only one way to connect your HP Wireless keyboard and mouse to your PC or laptop if you lose the USB receiver, and that is Bluetooth connectivity. However, if your HP wireless Keyboard and mouse don’t have Bluetooth connectivity support, then there is no way you can pair the mouse and keyboard to a laptop or PC.