This article will help you with How to Connect Bluetooth Headset to PS4? Playing games on your gaming console while wearing headphones gives you an advantage as you can hear the enemy’s footsteps with ease. Connecting wired headphones with PS4 is easy. However, if you want to connect wireless headphones to PS4, then you may require a tutorial. Wireless headphones generally come with Bluetooth connectivity, and if you want to connect your Bluetooth headphones to PS4, then you can follow this information tutorial. Below, we have shared multiple ways How to Connect Bluetooth Headset to PS4.
How to Connect Bluetooth Headset to PS4?
The thing that you are looking to connect your Bluetooth Headset with PS4 is because Sony, which is the manufacturer of PS4, doesn’t officially support Bluetooth devices, which means you cannot directly plug and start using your Bluetooth headphones with the console.
Due to this, you have to use different ways to connect Bluetooth Headset with PS4. Here are some of the ways to connect your Bluetooth headset to PS4.
Method 1: Connect Bluetooth Headset to PS4
In method 1, we are going to connect our Bluetooth to the PS4 gaming console, so we can hear all the sounds coming from the PS4 console directly into our headphones.
- First of all, turn on your PS4 gaming console and make sure it is connected to the screen.
- After you have successfully booted up, go to Settings from the menu.
- Scroll down in the Settings menu, and you have to find out Devices
- Upon clicking on devices, you will see some options on your screen.
- From the options menu, click on Bluetooth Devices, which is available on the top.
- Now, you have to take your Bluetooth headset out and turn it on.
- After you have turned the headset on, you will be able to pair your headset with the PS4 console.
- As soon as you turn the Bluetooth headset on, you will be able to see it on your TV screen.
- In case you don’t see the Bluetooth headset name on your TV screen, make sure to restart the PS4 gaming console and then come back to Settings >> Bluetooth Devices.
- After you see the Bluetooth headset on the screen, click on it. You will notice that the Bluetooth headphone is connected to the console.
In case it doesn’t connect, you have to make sure that the headset is set to pair mode. Some headsets require you to manually put them in the pairing mode by pressing the specific or even volume buttons.
When you connect the headphone to a PS4 gaming console, you will notice a green dot in front of the headset name. In some headphones, you are also required to complete the authentication process by pressing the specific keys.
For instance, the SteelSeries Arctics Pro headsets require authentication to connect to the Bluetooth headset. Once the pairing is done, you are all set to use your Bluetooth headphones with PS4.
Method 2: Bluetooth Not Working!
Some headphones cannot directly be connected to the PS4 controller wirelessly. In this case, you have to use the wire to connect your headphones to the PS4 gaming console. You will need a cable that can connect your Bluetooth headset to the PS4.
- First of all, turn the PS4 on.
- Connect the cable to the headset and then connect it to the PS4 controller.
- Go to Settings from your PS4 menu.
- Under Settings, scroll down until you see Devices.
- On the next page, you will see the Audio Devices option, so just click on it, and then you will see all the headset devices that are connected to your PS4.
- If you have already plugged in the PS4 to the gaming controller, then you will see the headset on the Audio devices page. However, if you haven’t connected, just make sure you connect it.
- After that, you have to click on the Output Device.
- Then, select the headset Connected to the controller.
Next, you have to ensure that the headset is properly connected to the console. For this, you have to go back to the Audio Devices page, and then you have to select the Adjust Microphone Level option.
You can adjust the mic input level as per your preferences. We recommend it to set it to medium level for best performance.
Again, go back to the Audio Devices page, and now you have to test the headset output after testing the microphone. Click on the Output to Headphones and then click on All Audio.
Now, you will be able to use the headset with your PS4 gaming console.
Method 3: Connecting Non-Compatible Bluetooth Headphones to PS4
Method 3 can be used for Bluetooth headsets that are not compatible with the PS4 console. For instance, the Apple Airpods, which are not compatible with PS4, can be connected to it by using this method.
Please note that this method might not work perfectly with all the PS4 games. Also, you won’t be able to use the mic of your headset with this method.
- First of all, download the PS4 Remote Play app from the Google Play Store for Android phones or from App Store for iOS devices.
- Now, activate the Remote play features by going into Settings of your PS4.
- Click on Remote Play Connection Settings and then Enable Remote Play
- Click on Add devices and then code.
- Open the app on your phone and put the 8-digit code to register your device.
Method 4: Via Bluetooth Dongle
You need a Bluetooth dongle that comes with a microphone. The Gulikit Route Air Pro is one of the best Bluetooth dongles that can be used for this method.
- Plug the USB dongle into the PS4.
- Turn on the Bluetooth headphone and put them into pairing mode. You should see some light flashing while you are connected to the dongle.
- Now, insert the mic into the PS4 controller’s 3.5 mm jack.
- That’s it. You are done.
So, this was all about how to connect Bluetooth Headset to PS4. If you are still facing any issues, then do let us know. However, if you have tried all of these given methods, you should be easily able to connect your Bluetooth headset to the PS4 gaming console.
The best way is always via a direct Bluetooth connection. However, if your device is not compatible with PS4, then you should use other methods.