If you don’t know which is the Best Wifi Gaming Router? this blog will help you to choose the right gaming router. When we look five years back, online gaming was not as popular as it is now. Similarly, there were very few online games in those days. Currently, there are hundreds and thousands of online games on the internet right now. All thanks to cheap and easy access to the internet, which has pushed online gaming and the development of online video games.
If you are playing online games, it is essential to consider a good gaming router. A good gaming helps you streamline performance and lets you play games without getting lag. If you play online games with High FPS, it is necessary to have a good internet connection. Therefore, to help you buy the best gaming router here, I have brought 8 gaming routers.
Best Wifi Gaming Router
- ASUS GT-AX11000 ROG
- Netgear Nighthawk XR500 Pro
- ASUS TUF AX5400 Dual Band
- NETGEAR Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream
- ASUS AX3000 Dual Band WiFi 6 (802.11ax)
- TP-Link Archer AX73 AX5400 Dual Band Gigabit Wireless WiFi
- Linksys MR8300 Tri-Band AC 2200
- TP-Link Archer C1200
1. ASUS GT-AX11000 ROG Rapture Router
It is powerful and features a rich from ASUS. If you are planning to make a one-time investment in a router, you should consider this particular mode of ASUS GT-AX11000 router. The router features next-generation Wi-Fi standard 802.11ax, which gives impressive internet connectivity when playing games.
This can support up to 11000Mbps of Wi-Fi speed. The router is equipped with a 1.8 GHz Quad-core CPU, which easily withstands heavy online games with lag-free performance. Furthermore, the router has lots of these advanced features that you see on their official site.
- This router features Game packet prioritization features that help you boost network traffic.
- It has a built-in Gamer Private Network
- It also supports port forwarding
2. Netgear Nighthawk XR500 Pro
This is a renowned name in hardware manufacturing. The company has launched various types of gaming in its router lineup. If you are a heavy gamer and looking for a gaming dedicated router, you should consider the Netgear Nighthawk router.
Queuing and lag are one of the major downsides of the normal router. If there are multiple internet users, then there are high chances of packet queuing, which increases the problem of lag. Therefore, the router features QoS to overcome this problem, which prioritizes internet traffic speed and ensures a faster and more stable connection.
- The router offers a personalized dashboard where you can monitor real-time bandwidth utilization by devices in your network.
- Features to fix gaming lag by limiting distance
- 7 GHz of dual-core processor
3. ASUS TUF AX5400 Dual Band WiFi 6
This is another powerful gaming for the ASUS brand. This particular model of the router also comes with a handful of features, so we have listed it on our list. ASUS TUF AX5400 is a dual-band Wi-Fi 6 gaming router equipped with easy port forwarding and AiMesh support.
The router can support up to 5400 Mbps of internet speed and has 4X efficiency with OFDMA and 160 MHz channels. Similarly, it also has a dedicated port to prioritize connected gaming devices. As it is a gaming router, you will also get RGP lightning.
- It supports the latest Wi-Fi 6 network standard
- You will get a maximum speed of up to 5400 Mbps
- It has features of port-forwarding in just three-step
- AiMesh support creates a flexible and seamless network mesh
4. NETGEAR Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi 6
Nighthawk AX4 is another powerful gaming dedicated that deserves to be on our list. The router is best for anyone looking for an affordable router without prioritizing additional features that another gaming router provides.
NETGEAR Nighthawk is a dual router equipped with Wi-Fi 6 chipset with speeds up to 3 Gbps. It is suitable for small-to-medium homes as you can stream 4 streams simultaneously at the same time. Similarly, it also has 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports where you can plug in your computer and experience lag-free performance.
- Dual-band router (600 + 2400 Mbps)
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet port for gaming console and laptop
- Features to create personal cloud storage
- Two Amplified Antennas and support beamforming
5. ASUS AX3000 Dual Band WiFi 6
AX300 is a dual-band Wi-Fi 6 with MU-MIMO and OFDMA technology. If you are living in a hostel or if multiple gamers use the same router. I recommend you consider the ASUS AX3000 router. The router MU-MIMO features boost can boost internet connectivity when multiple users are accessing the same network.
It allocates bandwidth depending upon the needs of each connection. Similarly, it is also equipped with Next-Gen Wi-Fi standard 802.11AX, which also boosts network efficiency and performance. Furthermore, you will also get a lifetime free AiProtection that adds a firewall to your network and prevents malware attacks and other various online threats.
- 6th generation Wi-Fi standard and 160 MHz of bandwidth
- MU-MIMO and OFDMA technology that lets you communicate with multiple devices at a time in a network
- Lifetime AiProtection
- It supports up to 3000Mbps
6. TP-Link Archer AX73 AX5400 Dual Band Gigabit wifi router
This router is equipped with 4T4R and HE160 on the 5 GHz band, which enables 4.8 Gbps of ultra-fast connection on your . The router can connect up to 200+ devices and support MU-MINO and OFDMA to reduce congestion on the network.
If you are buying a router for a hall or office, you can also go with this router. The is equipped with 6 Antennas that form a beam around your home and concentrate signal strength for devices. Besides this, it also has a dedicated port for gaming PC where you can enjoy lag-free gaming performance.
- It supports up to 200 devices at a time
- Supports MU-MIMO and OFDMA
- 6 Antennas which gives extensive coverage and beamforming
- TP-Link premium security
7. Linksys MR8300 Tri-Band AC 2200 Gigabit WiFi 5 Router
This is a triple band Wi-Fi router that supports up to 2200 Gigabit of wireless transmission. The router has 2.2 Gbps of a quad-core processor, which will manage all ongoing and outgoing transmission and ensure a stable connection in the computer and mobile phones. As mentioned earlier, it is a three-band 5 GHz + 5GHz + 2.4 GHz, which will deliver a combined speed up to 2.2 Gbps.
The device can support up to 25 devices at a time without lag and buffering. Similarly, the Antennas router is very powerful in that it can give a larger coverage area with maximum signal strength and less interference.
- Triple band (5 GHz + 5 GHz + 2.4 GHz) support
- Built-in quad-core processor
- It is equipped with 4 High-performance Antennas, which ensure broader coverage and maximum signal strength
- It supports up to 867 Mbps of speed
8. TP-Link Archer C1200 Dual Band Gigabit Wireless Cable Router
The TP-Link Archer router is the last router on our list. It is a dual-band 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz router that supports up to 867 Mbps of speed. Similarly, the router has larger coverage areas similar to the flagship router.
If you are a PC gamer, you will get dedicated Gigabit ports to experience a lag-free gaming experience. The laptop’s setup process is straightforward in the TP-Link Archer C1200 router, unlike other routers. If you are a beginner gamer, then I will suggest you go with this router.
- 4 Gigabit LAN port and 1 USB port
- 867 Mbps of speed in 5 GHz and 300 Mbps of speed in 2.4 GHz
- It supports beam formation
- It also allows USB sharing in devices like printers and other similar devices over FTP
These are some of the 8 best gaming routers in India. After considering various things, we have come up with these 8 Best Wifi Gaming Router. If you are a beginner user, I hope you have got some idea about gaming routers. Depending on your budget and requirement, you can consider any router from the above list. If you are looking for a gaming dedicated router, then it is suggested you go with Acer or TP-link router. They have good support and technology compared to other laptops.
1. How to choose a Best Wifi Gaming Router?
There are different parameters that you should consider when buying a gaming router. This includes Wi-Fi standards, Compatibility, Pricing, technology, security, and speed.
2. Which is the best router brand?
TP-Link, Acer, and Netgear are some of the popular router brands in the market right now.
3. Is the gaming router and Normal router the same?
No, they are not the same both the router has significant differences in technology, support, security, and pricing.