If you are fed up with the battery life of a laptop, this blog will surely help you to How to Increase the Battery life of a Laptop. Laptops are awesome. They are portable and easy to use. But battery life has always been the pain point. If you do not want to be bothered about the battery life of your Laptop, then you should know how to increase the battery life of the Laptop.
There are several ways in which you can try to solve the battery issue. Below, there are 8 ways to increase the battery life of the Laptop, have a look.
How to Increase Battery life of a Laptop
- Use Power Saving Mode
- Disable background apps
- Keep the Laptop on a flat surface
- Use one program at a time
- Don’t Apply Screen Savers
- Lower the brightness
- Change Power plan settings
- Disable Connectivity Options
1. Use Power Saving Mode
Power saving mode is a feature that can help you save your battery life by limiting the amount of power your device uses. However, this can also limit the performance of your device and other features as well.
You can turn on Power Saver Mode with these steps:
- Open the Start menu by clicking on the Windows icon in the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Click on the Settings icon to open Settings.
- Click System.
- On the left side of the screen, click Power & Sleep. Then, on the right side of the screen, click Additional Power Settings.
- A new window will pop up with several options for saving power on your computer; click Change Plan Settings next to Balanced (recommended). Moreover, you can choose to save more power by choosing the Power Saver option.
- Furthermore, you can customize the advanced options if you want a personalized battery experience. However, we will not recommend you to edit the advanced options if you are a beginner and don’t know what these options are.
2. Disable background apps
Background apps drain your system resources, which can be especially annoying if you have limited memory or a low-powered CPU. So if you’re looking to disable background apps in Windows 10, here are the steps:
- Go to Settings > Privacy > Background apps.
- From here, choose the apps that you want to disable.
- But if you don’t know which app is consuming more battery, then right-click on the Taskbar and click on Task Manager.
- From this page, look at which software is consuming more resources. Select and Right-click on it and click on End Task.
3. Keep the Laptop on a flat surface
Keeping your Laptop on a flat surface improves the ventilation and lowers the temperature, especially while you are performing heavy tasks like editing or even while you are gaming.
So, to solve that, you should put your Laptop on a flat surface. Moreover, you can buy a cooling pad. Or get a table to make sure there is air circulation.
4. Use one program at a time
Using multiple programs can drastically decrease the battery life. Some laptops aren’t that powerful, and they can’t handle multiple tasks at once, due to which they heat up and end up losing more battery power.
5. Don’t Apply Screen Savers
Do not apply screen savers as they can be the culprit while you are trying to save the battery. Screen savers are never ideal, and they keep on running with other applications in the background, which can consume a lot of battery power during the whole day. So, consider putting your Laptop on Sleep or Shut it down while not in use.
6. Lower the brightness
Lowering the display brightness can save you a lot of battery. You should reduce the brightness of your Laptop as much as possible to save the battery. Brightness is the most important factor that your laptop battery dies too quickly. Although, make sure that you don’t strain your eyes with low brightness.
7. Change Power plan settings
Windows 7/ 8/ 10/ 11 comes with three pre-built power plans named balanced, power saver, and high performance. These pre-built plans are optimized for saving battery life and performance on your device.
- Click the arrow next to the battery icon at the bottom right of the screen.
- Click Power Options.
- Now, Change the plan settings next to your current power plan (e.g., Balanced).
- Click Change advanced power settings.
- Use the drop-down menus to select a different setting for each item in the list (e.g., High Performance).
- From the options, click on Silent or Power Saver Mode, depending upon the Windows version.
8. Disable Connectivity Options
We have tried several ways how to increase the battery life of laptops. However, if you are still facing a low battery issue, then you probably have to turn off the connectivity options in your Laptop, which might be consuming a lot of battery.
- If you are not using Wi-Fi, consider disabling it from the settings. Using a cable internet is recommended, instead of Wireless Wi-Fi connection, as it will save a lot of battery and provide you higher internet speed.
- Disable Bluetooth if not in use.
- Disabling the Location or GPS will also help in improving the battery life.
- Keep the Laptop on Flight Mode if you have a Sim Slot in your Laptop and it is not in use.
So, this was all about How to Increase the Battery Life of a Laptop? Hopefully, you will like our approach.